Single Sock
I have finally "finished" the first of my Bloomin' Feet pal's socks.

The pattern calls for decreasing the toe to 16 stitches. I don't consider myself as having square feet, but a mere 8 stitches on each side always seems too pointy for me. I ended these at 20 stitches, but after trying them on I think I'm going to undo the Kitchener and get them back to 24 stitches. I've done 24 stitch toes on socks before and really think they fit the curve of actual toes better. :)
I've already cast on for sock #2, plus I've been weaving in the ends on the first sock (which is why "finished" is in quotes up there). Since I didn't like the look of knitting the ends in (at least the way I was doing it--I may need more research) I've got about a zillion ends to go. Think I'm joking? Well, get a good laugh.












12 Comments:
Oh, man, those ends look like a nightmare! The sock is fabulous, though! Very spring-y!
Man! Those ends would make me cry. There's nothing I hate more than weaving in ends. The sock is gorgeous, though. You've got one lucky pal.
Ok so your pal is amazingly lucky. She needs to fall down on her knees right now and thank Mr. C for giving her name to you.
Those ends! They make me want to run away from the laptop screaming...I can't even look at them!
Yowsah! That's a lot of ends! The socks look absolutely fab-oo, but I gotta say, the sight of all those ends to weave in reminded me why I don't like lotsa stripes.
And those ends would be why I'll never knit those socks! (I'm still coughing up the occasional fluffball from weaving in ends on a faux fair isle that was knit flat. Another thing to be avoided!)
That said, the sock is gorgeous - like everyone else says, your pal is one lucky girl!
That is completely perfect and appropriate! I love it!
The sock is gorgeous.....and inspiring....and daunting. There are an amazing number of ends.....but you knew that.
I'll weave in the ends for you --- just to get an in person look at that beautiful sock!
(And I am NOT kidding. . .)
Oh my- lookie at those loose ends!!
Yikes.
Your pal will truly be blessed with these beauties!
Springy! And Cute! Looks like weaving in the ends will be lots of fun!
Ew, ends. I agree with everyone, though...the sock is lovely! That's the solution then...if you want these socks, try and get them in a swap! :-)
I just finished one sock from Knitting Vintage Socks and the toe also decreased to a pointy 8 stitches. I thought the sock was too small, but it's probably just the toe shape that's giving me that impression, huh? I was going to tear back and knit a little more before I started decreasing, but maybe I'll just knit a different toe.
Lovely sock! But what a turn-off these many ends must be. You are too good to your pal. Nice work!
Post a Comment
<< Home