<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, March 19, 2007

Batter Up!

Gosh, I feel like I've been on the computer a lot lately, but I haven't made a post in a week! Guess I've just been reading and commenting instead. :)
I've got a little startitis, I'm afraid. I'm more than halfway through the body of the Reynolds sweater; I Kitchenered the heel flap of my Bloomin' Feet sock; picked up my neglected (single) Jaywalker for an inch or so--and now I've gone off and bought more yarn today. *sigh* Oooh! But I did put my last Sockret Pal box in the mail today. That's at least a point or two in my favor. :)
After talking to The Hubby, I decided that I really need to make something specific for our friends' baby who is due in a month because we all know that a baby due in a mere 4 weeks could, honestly, come at any moment. *Which reminds me: I turned 31 weeks yesterday--gasp* I sort of knew in my heart that the cabled Reynolds sweater wouldn't be their style, so I found a cute pattern today that would suit both parents and baby. The dad (who is also our airplane partner) is a "baseball" guy, i.e. he even went to umpire school. So, I thought this sweet baseball raglan would fit the bill. It's from Tracey Ullman & Mel Clark's book Knit2Together, but you can find it free on the Canadian Living website. What a deal! I bought some Rowan Wool Cotton in navy (body) and a brighter blue (sleeves) today and also got the wild hair to come home and whip up a little baseball (from stash!) to pop in the pocket of the sweater. The baseball pattern is one I ripped from the Sept.'05 issue of Creative Knitting magazine ages ago. It only took me about an hour (plus a little time to add the red stitching), though it was difficult to get it really round--I'm still rolling it around in my hands to even it out. But it's so stinkin' cute!

EDIT: Oh, and I finished the fronts for the Baby Matinee sweater, too. Just needs some sleeves!

5 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling good. Crazy how 31 weeks goes by so fast huh? I just realized that you are working on the same D.B. Matinee Coat that I made about three or four years ago! :) I am making another one for my daughter, but it's from the "Simply Baby" book. Definitely a better written pattern in my opinion! (Then again, I hate doing the moss stitch!) Hope all is well aside from the pregnancy thing! Just a few more weeks!

- Your Sock Buddy

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

You know, I checked that book out from the library a few months ago, and actually copied that exact pattern, but never got around to knitting it. The only real baseball fans in my life are childless and plan on staying that way. Can't wait to see how yours turns out, though. :)

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Ullman book! Here's to completed projects and completed pregnancies. . .

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute baseball!!! You are getting so close. Can't wait to see the new bundle of joy in a couple months!!!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger mle said...

That IS a cute baseball!
I think I have startitis too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home