<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, March 26, 2007

Button, button, who's got the button?


You'd think something like a baseball would totally lend itself to incarnation as a button--and being easy to find--but you'd be wrong. I looked at Joann's, Mill End Fabrics, and finally Michael's before finding some baseball buttons of the right size. They're cheap plastic, but they'll do. (I found some beautiful wooden baseball buttons at Joann's, but they were too big.) I will definitely be making one of these cute & quick sweaters for my little one, too! *Chibi added for scale*

Details
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton / 2 balls navy (really 1.5)--color 909, 1 ball lt. blue--color 958)
Pattern: Baby Baseball Raglan from Knit2Together, but free online here.
Mods: knit in round to armholes then knit flat to neck, 3 buttons instead of 2

And...another picture! I mentioned last week (or so) that I'd Kitchenered the heel flap of my Bloomin' Feet sock back onto the leg. Well, I've finally picked it back up again and am finishing the foot. :)

Plus, check out this way cool organizer I found at Joann's. It just screams, "Put some circular needles in me!" It has four clear zippered pouches, plus a zippered pocket on the inside covers that (you guessed it) zip closed. Cool! I had to leave it, though, because my overwhelming first impression was, "Why, oh, why doesn't it have a handle? Couldn't they have given it a little handle?" It may still find its way home at some point, but not today. :) Click for a close-up.

15 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, the sweater is uber cute! Glad you find some buttons to match. I made the mistake of making a ducky sweater (one of my first sweaters) and I didn't buy the matching buttons. When I finally did finish the sweater, I didn't have any buttons. It's been four years and I still haven't found the right buttons, LOL. :) The socks are coming along nicely too! Hope all is well on your end. And btw, your package should be going out next week, (I am ordering something for you at the end of this week...just haven't decided if I'll send it once I get it, or if I will have the company send it directly to you...we shall see!)

- Your Sock Buddy

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Knitted Bookworm said...

I absolutely LOVE the buttons. Who cares if they're plastic? They really make the sweater. Are you going to make your baby's in the same colors? I hope you bought extra buttons, so you don't have to look all over town again!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is so cute :)
I'm sorry I haven't been commenting. I somehow lost/accidentally unsubscribed to your feed. I'm not sure what happened. But it's all fixed now.
I love the space themed bedroom, too.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

So cute!! I LOVE the buttons, plastic or otherwise. :)

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flower pattern on the sock heel is FABULOUS!!

And, I was going to say the sweater is cute as a, well, button. But, I stopped myself.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger mle said...

The baseball sweater is too cute! And the flower/stripy sock is really coming along...you'll have the foot done in no time!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Julie said...

What an adorable sweater and the tulip socks are amazing! I've always wanted to knit those.

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, that's about the cutest little sweater I've seen! And your blooming feet socks are wonderful! So much cool knitting going on.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

That sweater is so cute I can't stand it. The buttons are perfect.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Lain said...

Hey Amanda!
I saw your question about the bookplate stamp on Holly's site... it's from 7Gypsies. It's super cool! They have some great ones. It's self-inking -- gotta love that!
You can find it most likely at scrapbooks.com or at a local scrapbooking store.
oxoxox
Lain

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you got matching yarn! I think it is the financial stress of buying 10-13 balls of yarn that makes me uber-careful about dyelots. Sometimes when I buy two or three balls of yarn, I am just so giddy at being able to get them--without having to freak out about paying the rent, eating, etc. ;>)!

Your sweater turned out very cute! Love the buttons--plastic or not!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Both are really cute.... and guess what, great minds think alike, I got the same organizer for my knitting stuff just the day before yesterday....40% off at Joanns :-)

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger roxie said...

The problem with that organizer is too few pockets. I'd need to get three or four to cover all the sizes. I use quart-size zip-lock baggies on end in a zippered plastic sheet package.

The sweater is adorable! And the socks - well you are going to have fans following you and applauding!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I am totally in love with the sweater! I'm convinced I'll have to find someone to knit one for now. :)

Don't know if I could have resisted the organizer. Besides the one that came with my options set, I also have one that I picked up in the fishing department of the megamart. It's designed to hold rubber worms or whatever, is about the size of a cd case, and has about 20 pockets in it. They're thin and a bit flimsy, but I only paid about $3 for it, and the pockets are attached by binder rings, so I can replace them if needed.

The only negative I have about it is that it is U-G-L-Y!!! But, it does have a handle. :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Oh, look, you had a cute button post too! I recently saw a tutorial on making your own buttons out of polymer clay...I suppose, if you were desperate, that would work too. That is such a cute little jersey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home