<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oh, For Crying Out Loud. . .

I don't know how I do it. I continue to screw up find opportunities to improve my knitting. Case in point: this baseball raglan is one of the quickest knits I've encountered in quite some time. Just what I've been needing. You think it could knit up right the first time? Of course not.
If I were buying 15 balls of yarn for a sweater I would always check the dyelot, but for some reason when I'm just buying two it slipped my mind. And, in this case, made a big freakin' difference. *sigh* The picture is awful and way overexposed, but it does show the color change quite clearly. The good news is that it's only in the top raglan decrease portion of the front. I could rip it out and only lose an hour or two of work--and since I only bought the yarn a few days ago, I'm sure they still have a matching ball at my lys. The bad news, I've just realized, is that because I was knitting the front & back at the same time, I don't know which dyelot goes with which ball of yarn. Guess I'll just bop into the store tomorrow and hope the lighting is good. Wish me luck.

p.s. The pocket on the front is lined in the lighter blue for the sleeves. It is soooo cute I could die! :)

5 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ugh! Glad it's not too much lost to have to rip it out. Man, what a difference between dyelots! Hope you find your match at the store.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame it on pregnancy hormones. That gets you past just about anything. (If memory serves.)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Karen said...

It's dyelot madness I tell you. Happened to me on Crumpets awhile back.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Teyani said...

what a bummer.
if they don't have the matching skeins, maybe you could use one of the colors for the arms?

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

My thought was the same as Teyani ... the darker dyelot looks good with the lighter ... could it be sleeves or trim?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home