Costume Patterns
Thanks for all the comments on our costumes. They were a lot of work, but I'm really glad I made them. *grin* The Hubby and I did trick-or-treating tag team mostly, but we did go out together to a few houses as the traffic died down. This was the first time we've ever all dressed up together and it was a blast. I'm sure we will do it again next year. Of course, The Hubby says the fabric for the costumes was so expensive, we may wind up being Obi-Wan and Leia for many moons! Ha,ha,ha. The Leia hat cracked us up so much that I'm being dared to wear it on the ski slopes this season! :) We'll see how brave I get. The Cashmerino sure is warm . . .
Roxie wanted to know (and I don't have your email address, sorry!) if I cut my own pattern, or if the costumes were commercially available patterns. Well, you're in luck! I'm great at following directions, but I don't come up with my own stuff very well. These were Simplicity patterns 4443 (Leia's hooded robe) and 0579 (Jedi 3-pc. outfit and cloak). Neither of them are pictured on Simplicity's website, though. *duh* Not sure why--they were plentiful enough in the stores. . .
Also, I wanted to lament the fact that I have no SAM2 socks this month. *pout* But I think I'm starting to feel the return of my knitting mojo and energy, so we'll see what November brings.
EDIT: Ewwwwww....that also means I didn't finish a SINGLE PAIR OF SOCKS in Socktober!! Man, am I lame or what? :P












4 Comments:
Not lame, just working on bigger and more important projects. :)
And yes, I think you should wear the Leia hat on the slopes. It would be too funny.
The costumes are brilliant! Color me impressed. :)
Amanda,
I appreciated your "rest of the story" post. I can understand why many women don't want people to know about their miscarriages, but when I had one, it made me feel a lot better to learn that it's common and that most women get pregnant again without (too much) trouble. Good luck to you.
I double dog dear you to wear it on the slopes. It is like built in ear muffs; you'll forget that you are wearing them after awhile and it is kinda fun to remember why so many people are smiling at you. In fact, I think that I will wear mine to the market right now. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home