<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Confession Time

Okay, here's what I've really been working on instead of knitting.

The little guy/gal just has me so dang tired that I'd rather sleep than knit (oh, the blasphemy!). Hopefully I'll get my energy back in a few weeks. In the meantime, I've been forcing myself to work on the Leia hat and do a couple rows on assorted socks. Not sure I'll get my SAM socks done this month, but I'd be heartbroken not to, so we'll see. . . *yawn*
We're due May 20. Hopefully we'll have a bit better picture to share soon (i.e. not a blob). *grin* And then comes the fabulous baby knitting! Yay!

29 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

Hooray! There is veritable knit-blog baby boom going on. Congrats to you! It seems we all fall into a knitting slump for the 1st trimester - no worries, your mojo will return.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
:)

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!

May 20th is my husband's birthday, and I can vouch for it being a good day to be born.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Sara M said...

Congratulations! Do we know if it's a boy or girl? Do we want to know? ;D (I know some couples like to be surprised...)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

That's the cutest little blob I think I've ever seen!

We are, of course, so excited and happy for you. Can't wait for the commencement of baby knitting. :) You should make a wish-list of hand-knit goodies for all of your knitterly friends to shower you with.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been working on knitting, just the biological kind, not kind you do with wool, sticks, and your hands.

Congratulations! Sleep, eat, and enjoy!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Congratulations!!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Seems like everyone in blogland is working on making babies these days - congrats! At least baby knitting is small so it can work with the tiredness. :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

-Lisa

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Yay! It's true about it being a trend...doesn't Alison of the blue blog even have a baby knitalong, or something like that?

Congratulations!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Congratulations! Hope you get your energy back soon!

Yay for baby knits!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

YAY! that is the greatest news ever! i am literally teary! :)

man, making a placenta is exhausting work. and then growing the baby makes that look like a walk in the park. take it easy, girlfriend! i am so happy for you!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Laura said...

and i agree with angela. make a wish list! :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Cece said...

Love the baby picture - and thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll get there... I just know it.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee!!!!!! Big huge congratulations!!

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! How exciting!! My birthday is May 12th so I think you should have the baby early. :)

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Amanda! We just might have something in common ;) (hint hint) Are you gonna find out if she's a she or he's a he? Don't worry, you'll get back into knitting mode during your second trimester! Woo hoo!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Get all the rest you can. Enjoy the hell out of that bed. Pretty soon, you will be wishing you had slept more, because it will be years before you get another uninterrupted night.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger lexa said...

Congratulations!!! There must be something in the air or water -- there are so many pregnant knitting bloggers out there right now! Baby knitting!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger alison said...

Woohoo, congrats! And welcome to the baby bumpers club! :)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger mle said...

WhooHooo! Congratulations! You deserve some sleep with that little "bun in the oven"! Congratulations!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger jennie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh, to have babies to knit for (that would be OTHER people's babies, lest I jinx myself).

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And all the very, very best to you!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Lacey said...

congratulations! How exciting.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

CONGRATS!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Karen said...

A late to the party Congratulations! Such fun baby excitment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home