Knitting With Nancy
So, the Nancy Bush class was great. She seemed so normal and down to earth! *grin* As The Harlot would say, "no soft glow coming off her or anything." Nancy's enthusiasm and love of knitting really showed in the way she taught--very calm and clear, but encouraging and excited, too. I, of course, bought two of her books (no, I didn't have any already--*hangs head*--not sure how I managed that). I picked up Knitting on The Road and Knitting Vintage Socks. She also shared that the Jan/Feb 2007 issue of Piecework Magazine will be entirely about the history of knitting, so mark your calendars! I didn't get any pictures (too busy knitting!), but maybe Chrissy or Katrina or any other other fab knitters who were there will come through with some. *grin*
Oh, I also purchased some Cashmerino Superchunky that will become this for Halloween. Yes, you clicked on the right link. :) The Boy (never mind that he's never seen Star Wars) has declared that he will be Darth Vader for Halloween. The Hubby wiggled his eyebrows at me and said, "Well, you know that means you have to be Princess Leia." I made it clear that I would be "white robe Leia" not "gold bikini Leia". LOL! And I will turn The Hubby into Obi-Wan Kenobi with my mad sewing skillz. Well, and 20 yards of fabric. *sigh*
Also, I've finished the front of The Boy's sweater and have seamed the shoulders. Just two little sleeves (and some garter stitch at the neck) to go! :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!












10 Comments:
A star wars family! My son, SWB, heartily approves.
wow! i am impressed with the star wars family! i am so not into halloween...i feel sorry for my kids.
nancy bush...so envious. would have loved to be there for that class. KVS is a great book, just for the reference stuff at the beginning.
OOOhhh, you'll have to post Halloween pictures! Sounds like a great theme to go with for costumes!
Glad to hear that the knitting class with Nancy Bush was all that and more! And I'm very happy to hear that you are still working on the sweater and nearly done! Woo hoo! :)
- Your SP
Thanks for the heads up about the piecework issue. I'll have to find it.
How great!! I so wish I could have gone to that. Of course even if I had known about it I couldn't have afforded it. Maybe some other time. I'm glad you girls enjoyed yourselves. :)
OMG! That Leia wig is just...priceless. I can't wait to see a picture of the FO! I also just got Knitting Vintage Socks and spent at least a couple of minutes every day fondling it and fantasizing about all the socks that I have yet to cast on for. Isn't it a great book?
What do you mean no soft glow coming off of her! You didn't see it?
!!! OMG, that is too funny!
You sure are meeting some famous knitters lately!
Can't wait for the family photos!
Why do men all have that Princess Leia obsession?? LOL
Glad to hear you enjoyed the class so much. I'd say those two book are certainly a great addition to your knitting library!
Post a Comment
<< Home