<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

For Starters:

I've finished the back of The Boy's new sweater!

I decided to use KnitPicks Shine Worsted (Pima/Modal) in Grass. The yarn is really soft, but I'm finding a little fuzz. Not quite what I expected from cotton. I hope it can stand up to a 3-year-old! It knits like a dream, though. Nice and slick, but not so much that it's uncontrollable. So soft on the fingers. :) I can't wait to wrap the kiddo up in it!
The sweater is simple stockinette with horizontal stripes in reverse stockinette--but it's not boring because the stripes aren't quite evenly distributed. I'm sure after doing the front I'll have the sequence down pat. :) There's also a small garter stitch border and side vents. The pattern is Sid by Kim Hargreaves from A Treasury of Rowan Knits. I wish I could find a picture of the sweater online somewhere, but I've been Googling in vain. . . I've had to do a little math for this one since the smallest size is a 4-5, which (get this) is a 32 inch circumference! Now what 4-year-old do you know with a 32 inch chest??? Urgh. I hate it when designers do crap like that!
I plan for the stripes to block out fairly flat. At least not bumpy and poofy like they are here. I want my kid to look cute--not like a green Michelin Man! *grin*

8 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Sara M said...

It's gonna be adorable!

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love that pattern, it seems easy to knit, but is so effective! Your color choice is great as usual - yep, I'm sure the kiddo is going to love it!

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have issues with the Rowan/Hargreaves sizing myself. But it has worked to my advantage when I had gauge problems. I just make the toddler size 2 and it comes out just right for my 7yo. :-)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Hmmm... a 4 year old with a 32 inch chest? Nope. Haven't seen one. ALthough, at the rate J is growing, he may be the first. :)

Love the color of this, and I was interested to know how the shine knit up. I was thinking of ordering some.

I can't wait to see this as it progresses.

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I think that is goign to be just delightful! I can't wait to see it finished.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That's going to be so cute!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

So so cute! And, yes, that is some goofy sizing. Debbie Bliss does the same thing with her kids' patterns. I don't get it, personally. If you are going to make something for a specific person, why not make it fit? Kids don't need to swim in knitwear to be comfortable! ;-P

-Lisa

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking beautiful already! Great shade of green! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home