<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ah, Knitting!

Thanks for all the urging to keep Edgar (I was probably a little obvious about my bias, huh?). *grin* Well, I finished the scarf two days later and gave him a good wash and conditioning. The conditioner helped, but didn't get rid of the itch all together. But you know what? I wore him out the other day and didn't get the scratchy urge to rip him off! :) The Hubby thinks it looks like a funky necktie when I wear it this way, but it sure is warm. The scarf is a long 62", but I doubled it here. The blog debut:

In other craftiness, I am working on an Elizabeth I scarf (Town & Country--the cream one) in KnitPicks Shimmer Grape Hyacinth for my friend Jennifer for Christmas. It's fairly easy so far considering I started on US8 needles, thought the fabric was too open and moved down to US3 before I was finally satisfied. So much for a quick lace knit. :)

About a week ago, I also finished this little thing for my grandmother for Christmas. What is it? It's a cutesy bee necklace for putting your thimble in! (She's a quilter and loves bees.) A little corny for my tastes, but right on for her. *grin* And it was fun to make! (Thanks to Katrina for giving me the encouragement to tackle it!)

p.s. a couple of gifts going on for my mom and sister, but we're keeping hush on those. :)

14 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Lacey said...

the scarf looks great

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wow, that bee thing looks complicated! Love the scarf, I"m glad you decided to finish it!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I'm so glad you kept Edgar! It looks fabulous, and yes, a bit like a funky necktie.

I'm plowing my way slowly through my first lace attempt. It's doesn't lend itself well to being worked on when J is awake, so it's going very slowly.

Love the little bee, too. Very cute!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Edgar looks great! Glad you decided to finish it!

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great on you! You are getting a lot done. Way to go!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Bravo for Edgar! and the bee - too cool for school! Your Grandma will be tickled pink!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That is the cutest thimble holder! I love it!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I love the scarf. Glad you kept on going with it!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful. I didn't realize that SWS would be so scratchy. I just liked the idea of knitting something with soy. I'm glad it softened up a bit after washing. Edgar was the perfect pattern for it.

And the bumblebee thimble holder is adorable. It is definitely right up a grandma's alley. I'm sure she will also love the fact that you made it for her yourself.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf and bee are both quite cute!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Olga said...

You look so pretty in that picture! Good thing you kept the scarf, it totally suits you. Now that you've mentioned the Elizabeth scarves, I'm so wanting to get that pattern. It's been too, too long since I've knit any lace (since the Amazing Lace...which I didn't even finish!).

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Hi, Amanda. I totally LOVE my package. How thoughtful of you and Katrina. I'll be posting a big thank you and pics on my blog soon. Work has been keeping me so busy, but I hope to post soon. Thank you so much.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both the scarf and the bee are really cute! Glad you had a WIP...if only I were so lucky!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving today!

- Your Sock Pal!

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty smile and a lovely scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home