And It's Not Even Midnight!

That's when I usually finish my SAM socks. Chrissy is used to getting late night emails from me. *grin*
My last two pairs of socks have been adequate, but not wonderful. The Mock Crocs were a tad too short (they stretch out when I wear them, so that's okay) and the German Flag socks are a little too long (but they're for someone else, so hopefully that's okay, too). But these socks! I don't know if it's the pattern, or the yarn, but when I slipped the first one onto my foot I thought, "Ahhhhh! Now THIS is why I knit socks!" They fit like a dream. Snug but not tight. Like they're giving my feet a little hug. Yay!!!
Details: These were my Mystery Sock pattern, so I didn't know what they would look like--but with the garter stitch cuff, they were intriguing. (It fits really nicely, for those of you who are wondering. Snug enough to stay up, but it's so stretchy you hardly feel the cuff at all. Very cushy.)
Pattern: Summer Garden Socks--you knit the garter stitch cuff flat, Kitchener it together, then pick up around the bottom and knit down.
Yarn: Koigu, baby! One solid skein (olive green, #2340) and one variegated (earthy pastels, #334). Both with a small handful of yarn leftover.
Needles: US3 Addi Turbos












12 Comments:
I know I've already said so, but I really, really, really love the way that these turned out! They look so comfy, too!
those look fabulous! i know just what you mean about that "this is why i knit socks feeling." my sundara calla lily socks are just like that -- like hugs for my feet. :)
The socks look fabulous! Well done!
Yay! They look great!
-Lisa
They look wonderful!
Whoo-hoo! You're finished---me too! And the night is young! Let's cast on for October's pair!!!!!
I love the socks!!! At least you finish a pair a month. I've signed up for both of her kal's and the first time I only knit one pair and this time I haven't finished any. :)
Amanda, your socks look great. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am sorry I don't know your friends. My husband is Army, and unfortunately we are stationed right below the DMZ. But the funny thing is they just moved to Alabama, and that's where I am from.
These socks are really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the link, I'll be trying that pattern soonest possible! And I really love the yarn you were using in these beautiful, warm colors - perfect!
The socks are lovely! I'm going to have to knit myself a pair. Perhaps in my Koigu.
They're lovely! Congrats on finishing a pair that you love. That garter stitch cuff is cool.
The socks turned out great. Congrats on finishing!
Post a Comment
<< Home