Why Do Socks Take Me So Long?
Every month (per SAM2), I knit socks and it takes me approximately 26 days to finish the first one. And somehow I manage to knit the next in 4. Why? Why couldn't I just knit the pair in 8 days to start with? Urgh. I think it's because I don't "internalize" the pattern and get with the flow until I've finished the first. So, it's the second one that goes so much faster. Or it could be that I am a master procrastiknitter. Hmph.

*Notice The Boy watching his much-anticipated copy of Curious George. Ooooh, I just wanna squeeze him! :) And, yes, that is a cutesy little pedicure there--a gift to myself for The Boy's first day of preschool. *grin*












12 Comments:
Love the pedicure! At least you are not plagued with SSS (second sock syndrome), I've had socks that had to wait almost a year for a mate! ;-) So, a slow go on sock #1 doesn't seem so bad!
-Lisa
Love those socks. I think the sock knitting psyche is a strange one - I recently went from being a painfully slow sock knitter to rapid fire, one after the other. Who knows what mysteries lurk in our brains.
I agree - why does the first sock take so much longer? I agree about getting the flow much better on the second. I also agree about being a procrastiknitter - I work best when the SAM deadline is looming. For me, I also think once I see how pretty the first sock is, I am spurred to knit the second one faster so I can wear them!! :)
I agree with Karen. It probably has to do with having a deadline. You can start the first one and say "I've got an entire month to do this." So you set it down, work on something else, put it on the back burner. At least, that's the way I seem to work.
BTW, the mystery socks are turning out very cool! Love the yarn you're using.
I think it just takes awhile to get into the flow with those teeny needles! Cute yarn - what is it??
If it weren't for the sock wars, I would never have knit a pair of socks in 4 days. It's not necessarily something I want to do again, but it's nice to know that I could if I needed to (say December 21st or something...)
nice socks! nice toes! cute boy!
and your house looks so tidy! :)
Those sock are coming along nicely! For me, I know socks take a long time because they are always a secondary project....until I'm between big projects and then sometimes I'll get motivated!
Those are some cute socks! Sounds like you have the reverse of Second Sock Syndrome! :)
- Your SP
The socks are awesome! I love the pedicure too.
The socks are fabulous--I read all about 2nd sock syndrome, and until I read your post, I was sure I was the only person who actually was motivated by finishing the 1st sock. My first sock is always such a labor of knitting, and the 2nd one flies---speaking of which I have to finish up my 2nd sock before tomorrow to get my September socks posted for SAM!!!!
oh, Curious George! Young'un is addicted to the PBS show, and has been reminding me about the video.
Time to go to KMart, I think.
Post a Comment
<< Home