The New Math
Thanks for the shared outrage about the Bloglines spam. And thanks to Jess and Rose for the possible explanations. Of course, I deleted the subscription once I realized what it was (which was dumb, because now I can't find it to report it), but now I wonder--if it was a hijacked rss feed, did I just delete a blog that I usually read? I am not noticing anything missing right now, but my blogroll is pretty long, so unless it's someone who posts a lot, I might not realize it for awhile.

On the knit front, the back of the baby matinee jacket is done and I've got both fronts on the needles now. I'm also going to run out of yarn. Apparently my powers of estimation failed me at the lys. The pattern calls for 4 balls of Baby Cashmerino (at 137 yds/ea), so I substituted 5 balls of Plymouth Royal Bamboo (at 93 yds/ea). Duh. Let's all do the math together, shall we? 137x4=548 and 93x5=465 For a difference of. . . 83 yards (anyone else hear Bob Barker?). Almost an entire ball! *sigh* And to add insult to injury, the lys that has the bamboo doesn't carry the Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille I need to make The Boy a pirate washcloth (which he would really like mommy to knit him after seeing the one in New Knits on the Block). Wait!?! Am I complaining about having to go to two different yarn stores in one day? No way. I take it back. :)
So, I'm going to finish up my 2nd German flag sock by Thursday (for SAM2), then cast on the washcloth and my Mystery Socks, and continue to plug away on the baby jacket. Also signed up for the Sock-ret Pal swap (thanks, Chrissy!), so I need to start thinking about that, too. I'm starting to see signs of Fall all around and that's got me thinking about finally casting on some sweaters for my boys. Whew--I need to learn to knit in my sleep!












4 Comments:
Awww crap! I'm no good with math and doing conversions, so unless I were to walk around with a calculator I would have done the same thing by way of estimation.
You certainly are a busy busy knitter. I admire your project list. I have to be monogamous or else I won't finish anything. That being said, I've got a whole folder full of patterns just waiting for me. And here's something really funny- yesterday as we began preparing for Ernesto, the first thing that went through my mind was not "do we have enough water and canned goods and flashlights?" but "I wonder if I can make it to Jo-Ann before the streets get crazy?"
Hey hurricanes are a great time to get some knitting done- I mean, there's not a whole lot to distract you, right?
If you ever find out a way to knit in your sleep, let me know. I need some of that action.
i'm with jennifer!
boy, that rss feed hijacking thing is a little scary. i wonder what you do if it happens to you?
Love the Matinee Jacket! Were you able to find the same dye lot? I hope so!
-Lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home