Finally, a FO!

The first of the German Flag socks is done! I used elann.com's toe-up sock pattern as a guide (with modifications for gauge) and I cut out some yarn (a la Alison) to keep the stripes continuous up the front. Since I just checked Meg Swansen's Knitting out of the library, I used EZ's sewn castoff at the cuff which I discovered I really like. I tend to bind off too tightly--and in toe-up socks that's NOT good.
This sock went really quickly. I expect that's because it's the first stockinette sock I've done--everything else has been patterned. Zoom! I'm wanting to cast on for the second, but I've got to work on finishing my dad's glove fingers, first.












4 Comments:
Great sock! I really should try toe-up one of these days...
-Lisa
Good job! I really like doing toe-up socks. You're right, though, you have to be very, very careful on the bind-off. Otherwise, you end up with socks that you can't get on or strangle your legs!
that looks great, especially the heel. :)
I love that sock. I've actually stopped doing toe-up socks because I can never get the bind-off to not cut off my circulation. Congrats on getting it to work.
Post a Comment
<< Home