<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Glove Progress and a Deadline

I made great progress on my dad's gloves today at SnB; two and a half fingers done so far (sort of an "okay" pose, huh?). I figure I'm going to knit the right (i.e. fully-fingered) glove first and then the modified one just to make sure I don't run into any weirdness along the way. A friend at Tangle thinks I should make the short finger out of donkey the contrasting color, but I think my dad might be a little too conservative for that. *grin* He's not embarassed about his finger, really, but he also doesn't like to call undue attention to it (unless he's pretending to stick it up his nose for The Boy).


Also, tomorrow (Monday, Aug. 14) is the last day to sign up for the Mystery Sock KAL. (KAL info post here) I'd love to keep it open longer, but I need time to knit instead of managing the blog, so I have to have a deadline. *Thank goodness it's not an actual knitting deadline--finally!* We have an amazing NINETY-SEVEN knitters. I'd loooooove to make that an even hundred (or a little more). Anyone? Anyone? (insert appropriate Ferris Bueller joke here--c'mon, you know you're thinking it.)

2 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

The gloves are turning out great! And no, I don't think I'd knit the smaller finger in a contrasting color, either. I really like the way you used the "donkey" across the top there. It creates interest and makes them look all fancy. :)

Wow! 97 in the KAL?! That's huge!

I started my socks before J's birthday, but you can imagine that I haven't accomplished much!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I think the gloves are coming along quite well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home