<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dumb & Dumber

*Gee, so I go incognito for a few weeks while we have guests and now I've posted three times in the last two days? I must have missed y'all!

I am turning the heel of my German flag socks (Regia Nation). Or should I say was turning the heel . . . It's a short row heel and I got all the way through the first half before I realized I was putting it on SIDEWAYS! Urgh. I was not smart enough to put a marker at the beginning of the round because I though, "It's just stockinette around. I don't really have to worry about the exact beginning." How dumb. Even dumber is that I happen to think that my Mardi Gras socks twist when I wear them because one of the heels is just a stitch or two off from center. Crap.

Oh, and I mentioned to Katrina that I missed everyone at Knitting Guild last week! Actually, I missed everyone because I was there on the wrong day. LOL! Hope to see folks this Thursday, though. :)

p.s. Anyone on the Westside want to carpool to see the Yarn Harlot on Sept. 6?

5 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

DOH! I thought I was the only one that had days/weeks/long stretches of time like that!

I think it is directly related to parenthood because I clearly remember having a pretty sharp mind just a few years ago. Now I have days where I have trouble even answering things like "What's your home phone number?"

And if I lived on the Westside, I'd most certainly carpool with you. :)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I totally agree that it's related to parenthood. In fact, I can only remember one other time in my life when I was this scatterbrained--so I actually stopped and bought a pregnancy test on the way home!!! It was negative (as expected), but I just couldn't imagine what else would make me such a dunce for the last 6 weeks or so. *sigh* Hoping I'll snap out of it, soon.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

When the knit is the easiest is when I make the most mistakes. Go fig?

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO THERE to carpool with you to see the Yarn Harlot.

As far as being scatterbrained, I have a theory: you lose brain cells exponential to how many children you have. Be grateful for those moments when you can actually snap out of it. I remember them fondly.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger knittinmom said...

Aw, I'm sorry I missed you (both on the actual day and the non-actual day). But for sure I'll see you at Harlot!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home