<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Gloves Are Off!

Well, they're off the needles, anyway. And soon to be off to Tennessee. Just gotta weave in some ends on the 2nd glove.


I really like the way these came out. They're pretty much exactly how I'd envisioned them. The only thing I have a problem with is the thumb gusset is about 4 or 5 stitches too wide. Unfortunately, that's not something I can correct now because it would require ripping waaay back into the hand, but I did put a note in my pattern book for next time. I had problems with sizing in the beginning. Has anyone else used Ann Budd's book and found that things are sized way too big?

Off to weave.

6 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

HI Amanda!
I love the gloves! What yarn did you use?
Thanks for stopping by my store. I hope you enjoyed it and your 10% off!

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gloves are great! I'm sure your dad will love them.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Teri S. said...

The gloves look great! I've made a hat and a pair of mittens from Ann Budd's book and both seemed to fit the recipient fine. I played fast and loose with the gauge on the mittens, but it seemed to work fine. Have you knit anything else from the book and found it to be too big? Maybe it's only the gloves.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay! They look awesome.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors you chose for the gloves. I think your dad will like them a lot. I know I would.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Comfy! I love the way these came out. Such manly colors! What is it about men and not being sure of their masculinity and not wanting to wear lots of colors?

I'm sure your dad will love these!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home