*sigh*
Again, ripping has taken over my knitting basket. I am making some gloves for my Dad's birthday (he has 9.5 fingers and has never had a custom pair of gloves!) and am using Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns. My gauge is spot on and the gloves are WAY too big. The Hubby tried them on and they're about two inches too wide! So I ripped. Now comes the dilemma of fudging the pattern numbers (even though my gauge is perfect) to make the darn thing work. I knit all the way up to the fingers before, but now I'm hesitating on the new cuff 'cause I'm just scared to do all that work again and find that it still doesn't fit. *sigh* I'll dive in tonight and get up to the fingers again--and have Hubby try them on again. Wish me luck.
*Oh, I know I complain, but after working on socks for the last few months, this DK weight yarn is going SO quickly! I'm really enjoying it.












4 Comments:
That is, perhaps, the coolest thing I've ever heard anyone knit- custom gloves for a 9.5 fingered person. Very cool, very unique. Sorry you're having gauge problems. That would frustrate me, too.
I recently took a break from the socks to do some baby knitting. Talk about rewarding! Man! I finished in like two days-- then it was back to the socks. :)
What a great idea. I'm sorry it has to be so frustrating.
BTW, there's no title to this post, so it doesn't seem to exist if you're relying on the RSS feed to let you know there's been an update. :)
Oh! I had no idea. I'll get that fixed, pronto. Thx.
Post a Comment
<< Home