Wanna Win Some Yarn?

It's a yarn raffle for a good cause. Visit Gretchen's site and make a donation to the American Heart Association's Heart Walk in Charlotte. For every dollar donated to Team Nova, Gretchen will enter your name in a drawing for six skeins of hand-dyed Atacama 100% alpaca yarn by Araucania Yarns, colorway 501.*
Thanks for all the nice comments on my Mock Crocs. I have a little memento going out to the mini-kal participants and will post a pic tomorrow after I've sent them on their way. In other goings on, I started a new project this weekend (yeah, big surprise)--Debbie Bliss's Matinee Coat for SIL's new little girl. I'm using Plymouth's Royal Bamboo in a light purple. Really gorgeous, though a little splitty. Oh, and also in the book? This cabled hooded coat that is so cute I just want to squeeze something! I'm also plugging away on dad's 9.5 gloves and am going to start searching for a Mystery Sock pattern tomorrow. We just signed up the 55th participant in our knitalong! If you haven't joined, yet, bop on over to the blog and/or drop me a comment. You know you want to.
*Yarn details cont'd.:Each 50g skein has 100 meters/110 yards, for a total of 300 grams, 600 meters/660 yards. Retail value is over $50. This yarn is just delicious! So soft. So pretty. Enough to knit Clapotis, if you haven't already (or if you want to, again!), or any number of other wonderful projects. Oh! If you've been wanting to try your hand at felting, this would make a stunning Sophie Purse. With four skeins left over! Look at these colors! They're calling your name!












2 Comments:
Wow! 55 people signed up for the Mystery Sock Knitalong! Yay! Keep 'em coming!
Your Mock Croc socks are indeed very lovely. I'm glad that you put that kal together. Did I tell you that my Mock Crocs won a 2nd prize ribbon in the Washington County fair?
Ooh I just love Debbie Bliss's yarn and patterns. I've seen a lot of criticism about the way the pictures are displayed in the books, not showing all aspects of the garment, but even if I have to guess at it a little, I love her designs. That matinee coat is too cute. Makes me wish I knew how to knit when Girlie was that small.
Thanks so much for posting about the yarn raffle! That means the world to me, and to Erin, of course. I know it will get more exposure in the knitting community here than it ever will at my blog. :)
Both of those patterns are so darn cute that it makes me want to run out and have a little girl of my own. :) And you're right, that cabled coat really does just make you want to squeeze something. Precious! That baby is going to be the most well-dressed little girl in the world.
55 in the KAL?! That's great! But it leaves me feeling a bit overwhelmed. Heh, if they turn out terrible, I can just blame it on the pattern, right? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home