<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, August 06, 2007

Shipping Today

Well, we didn't make it to Orcas Island this weekend due to clouds. I was really hoping to show you my completed Sockapalooza socks (Diamond Lace) in a cool picture by the water (or by a fireman), but you'll have to settle for my white porch swing (yes, I brought the South with me to Oregon). *grin*

I hope I didn't knit too much of my own hair into these socks. This post-baby shedding is making me cray-ay-zee!

The Hubby has been under a bit of stress lately and has been resorting to *ahem* retail therapy to get him through, so I decided I was owed some of the fun, too! I redeemed a credit I had at KnitPicks and took advantage of their book sale. And I also found lots of gorgeous Fleece Artist sock yarn on sale at Little Knits. :) I can't wait for it all to get here so I can show you the goodies!

What's next? I'm trying to whip up a little hat for a cousin's new baby, and I'm thinking of including some of the Saartje booties, too, since they're so sweet. And you'll be seeing some double knitting here in the near future. I am teaching a class at my knitting guild in September and need samples to show.

6 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

We all deserve a little retail therapy every now and then. And with cashing in a credit, you do so guilt-free. Nice!

Love the diamond lace socks. I'm sorry that they, and you, didn't get to make it on your trip, though.

And those booties?! Too precious. I want a pair in adult size. :)

I love the way you just casually drop the "I'm teaching a class" thing in there, as if that's no big deal. Very cool, Amanda.

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, a front porch swing. . . You really are a Southern girl at heart, aren't you?

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Cute socks :-)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

They are beautiful!

I lost crazy amounts of hair after both my children. Crazy things hormones, eh?

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Reciprocal retail therapy sounds good to me!

The socks look great ... your pal will love them!

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention the hair loss thing ... I am NOT looking forward to that. My hair was getting thinner (age) before this pregnancy, and I've been enjoying my new, thicker tresses. I'm a bit worried about how MUCH I'm going to loose after the babe is born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home