<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Boy Bedrooms

Here are the rooms. Finally! I mean, I don't guess anything is ever "done" around here, but this is pretty darn close. *grin*
First, the nursery:
Still needs curtains. I've got fabric (more of the blue w/ brown dots) and an idea (box pleats!)--and even a book that tells you how. I just don't have the time, so I'm gonna hand that off to my seamstress mom while she's here. :)


And The Boy's space room:
The most recent change is that I painted the giant sun over the window--to complement (and put in perspective) the planets on the wall, of course. :) The sun will still get a darker shading of orangey-yellow to finish it up. The shuttle still needs cockpit windows painted on. I've put that off 'cause I'm a little nervous about getting it to look right. And curtains. The room needs curtains, too . . . .

But we do have our very accurate wing markings. The Boy decided that his bed was "Discovery" because we have "Atlantis" and "Endeavor" shuttle toys already. :) Oh, and the pipe insulation foam sides were The Hubby's idea--after The Boy kept jumping on the bed, he was convinced the little guy was going to flop down on one of those wooden side rails and give himself a concussion. I said, "only once," but I don't think that was much consolation. Heh.
I am also finishing up the first of my c-section socks in Scout's Snowbunny.
Wonder if I'll get the second one done by Sunday . . . . . ? It's hard to push yourself when there are such cute distractions to be knit:

16 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

The rooms look fabulous and I love that the c-section socks match the nursery!! Good Luck :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rooms look fantastic! Isn't nesting a wonderful thing?

You've definitely been on my mind these last couple of days. I hope everything goes smoothly for you on Sunday.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a girl after my heart. i love to see rooms come together like this!!!! i looooove the colors in the nursery and am VERY impressed with the bumper, etc.!!!

i'm also a sucker for creative 'theme' rooms (colorful butterflies, hello?), so aaron's room KICKS BUTT!!!!!! my dad (the astronomy buff) would ADORE it!

way to go, guys. i'm super impressed!

((((thanks for the call, too))))

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Wow! Too cute! Funny, the other night Dad asked what the nursery was going to look like and I told him that I wasn't sure, but I knew of a yarn that had the exact colors you were planning on using. He just laughed that quiet dad laugh and said "Of course you do."

It turned out more awesome than I even imagined. And big brother's room is incredibly cool, too. Nice work, y'all. We're all thinking of you and wishing you an easy delivery.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

All I can say is WOW!

And - will you come do my house? :)

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic --- every single bit of it.

Very best wishes to you all.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger roxie said...

What a lot of work! What a fabulous result!! those rooms should be in a magazine or on TV or something. The shuttlecraft bed is too cool for school. Does the boy just adore it? I do!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger clothesknit said...

The rooms are amazing! You've done an absolutely marvelous job Amanda -- congrats!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger mle said...

Oh I love both rooms! They really look terrific!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Both rooms look amazing! Makes me want little ones. I love the C-section socks and they match so well with the room! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

Holy cow you've been crafty!! I absolutely love the nursery - and I love the polka dots!! Good for you for getting all that done before the big day.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both rooms. The nursery is just so hip and modern. I can't get over how good the shuttle bed looks.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

You're getting so much done!!! The rooms look incredible.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful rooms!!!! Way to go!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

It all looks great! I'll be thinking of you Sunday! What a great Mother's Day present to meet the new guy!

-Lisa

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Teri S. said...

The rooms are adorable! I would have never in a million years come up with those ideas. Good luck on Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home