Skittle-licious!

Behold my incredible Sockapalooza socks! My pal, Hali, dyed the yarn herself --you can see why she calls the color Skittles--and knit me a pair of Hederas that fit perfectly! I got them a little early (yay, me!)and have been keeping them a secret, but now I am excited to share the news! She also sent me a little "kintting-on-the-go" bag that I love and currently have attached to the diaper bag 'cause you never know when the kiddos will fall asleep in the car and you'll get to sneak in a few rows. . . . *grin*
Plus, I'm a bit of a slacker and not quite done with my pal's socks. They will be done tomorrow, I swear. We're headed up to Orcas Island for an overnight fly-in. Basically, you fly up there and get to camp right on the field and join in a big BBQ dinner with other pilots. We've been the last couple of years and really enjoy it. The Big Boy's favorite part is the Sunday morning pancake breakfast at the local fire station where you get your breakfast cooked up by real firemen. Mom doesn't think this is a bad thing, either. *smirk* Plus, I should get a couple of hours of knitting time on the way up.
Oh, and I totally forgot to post about Kim's nomination of me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger.

She's so awesome and I am proud to be in her ranks. :) And apparently I'm in good company! In trying to decide who to pass this title along to, I realize that Kim tagged Katrina, too, and Laura and Olga have already been tagged, as well. Wow! So, I'm going to name:
- Chrissy who rocks some serious blog--in addition to her Interweave Knits and Sea Socks '08 fame. *grin*
- Amanda (though I can't imagine no one has tagged her, yet) because she writes a great blog--and still finds time to host a zillion swaps!
- Angie because she rocks as a SIL, too!
- and no-longer-blogless Donna because if it took her this long to get a blog I definitely expect it to be worth the wait. No pressure. :)
- AfricanKelli because I don't really think she reads my blog, but everyone should read hers. Just to be inspired about life, honestly. There's not a lot of knitting (even though that's how I found it in the first place), but I swear I've fallen in love with her. She is a truly good person who strives to make the world a better place. She cooks and sews and trains for triathlons and visits orphanages--and I'm going to stop now because it's all true, but I'm beginning to sound like a stalker. Check her out.












7 Comments:
*blush* Who? Me? Awww, shucks! Thanks for the nomination.
That sounds like a fun weekend. And I think I could really enjoy the pancake breakfast with you and big brother. :) Hope you get some good knitting time in.
Very cool socks! Skittles is definitely an accurate description....how fun!
What wonderful socks from your pal! She did a fantastic job.
Thanks for the compliment --- you DO rock!
What a great pair of socks. The name of the color scheme is certainly accurate. How fun!
Those are some very bright socks... Very pretty
Hurray for Sockapalooza socks! Yours are lovely, and how awesome that she dyed that yarn herself. Congrats on being a Rockin' Girl Blogger, too!
Post a Comment
<< Home