One Down, One To Go
I did, indeed, get some necessary knitting time on the way up to Seattle Saturday morning.
Even with The Deathly Hallows burning a hole in the floorboard.
The UPS man came a knockin' just as we were walking out the door. But I forced myself to finish the first sock before even cracking the box open. And glad I did, because once I opened it there was no stopping me (except, of course, babies and sleep--and even those really had to try their darndest). I finished about 4:30 this afternoon. I wish there was time to savor the last book, but I knew I needed to get it done before someone spoiled it.
So, one book down and one more sock to go. I have the picot cuff of #2 completed and, thank goodness, my pal has small feet. I know the foot looks impossibly short here, but y'all know how lace stretches. Wish you could see the diamond lace pattern better, but since I can't try it on without fear of irreparable stretchage, you'll just have to use your imagination. Maybe she'll post a modeled shot once she gets them. :)

p.s. Seeing Laura's post made me realize that in all the excitement over The Little Boy, I completely missed my 2nd blogiversary! Celebratory contest to follow.












5 Comments:
Isn't it sad that you had to rush to keep the ending pristine?
Tried to send you something a while back, but just had it returned to me: can you e-mail me your address one more time?
Happy Blogiversary! It was fun seeing the little man at the Guild meeting. What a sweetie!
Happy Blogiversary!
Oooh! Would it be bad for me to really wish those were for me! Nice dark colors--perfect for SF living and wearing with Mary Janes!
Happy Blogiversary!
Happy 2nd Blogiversary! The boot sock is gorgeous. You knit beautifully.
Post a Comment
<< Home