<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yes, Socks. . .

Here are The Hubby's hiking socks after 3 days in Glacier National Park (and a good trip through the washing machine). I'm modeling them which is why they look too big. My favorite part is the ribbing in the arch. That feature alone makes me want to knit some for myself! The pattern is Diana's Trail Socks from Mountain Colors and I used a larger yarn (Cascade 220 Superwash) instead if resizing it for a man's foot. Worked like a charm.

The socks got rave reviews from The Hubby (his first handknit pair). He said they fit perfectly and really felt great--and if he'd worn them the very first day he might not have wound up with the nasty blisters he got. Yeowtch.

I also present my Sockapalooza 4 socks. I'm using Michelle's Diamond Lace pattern and Great Adirondack's Soxie yarn in Eggplant Eddie.

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Those look so squishy and comfy! I have a pair of store-bought socks that have the ribbing in the arch, and they drive me nuts. I guess my feet are a bit claustrophobic. But still, those look like they'd feel fabulous, and I'd almost be willing to give it a try.

And the Eggplant Eddie is gorgeous, too. I'm glad to see you're still finding time to knit.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Miriam said...

Hi there, I do the ribbing on the arch too. I thought I was the brilliant one who thought it up. Oh well, great minds and all that.

Miriam

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hubby's socks are absolutely awesome - I can well imagine that he enjoyed wearing them so much! They look so soft and cozy! And your new ones are coming along beautifully too - looking forward to seeing more of them! Gorgeous colorway btw!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Very nice, I love that dark blue:-)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger mle said...

yay for hubby socks!
That Soxie yarn colors look so rich! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home