Sock Progress
Left is the Tiptoe Through the Tulips sock in Dale Baby Ull for the Bloomin' Feet swap and right is my Sockret Pal sock (Falling Leaves in Koigu).
It is so nice to finally be working on a stockinette sock! I need to do more of these--it's what makes me re-fall in love with sock knitting. Soooo quick! Of course, I tried to carry the colors inside the sock and didn't like how they were looking, so I have resigned to weaving in ends. Yes, really. I mean, it's for a swap! These are going to represent me and my mad knitting skillz to a total stranger. Sometimes you just gotta do it. I tried knitting in the ends, but they seemed to pull out too easily. Maybe I wasn't doing it right. Anyway, the yarn is working out nicely in the tighter gauge--unless you have to tink/frog and then it gets really splitty.The heel is turned on the first Falling Leaves sock and I'm going to just knit the leg until my yarn runs out (but make good notes in case the second ball isn't quite the same length). :) I love the colorway of this Koigu. The picture above is pretty darn close--purpley/blue/green. It makes me so happy I might have to buy some more for myself! :)
Of course, that's after I get my hands on some of Scout's new Snowbunny. It's the colors we're doing the nursery in and I thought I'd whip myself up some snuggly delivery day socks. :) *I will hit the 3rd trimester on Sunday! Can you believe it's already here?!?












15 Comments:
the koigu is fabulous!
Wow third trimester will be coming up fast! Time does fly doesn't it?! Both sets of socks are gorgeous! I love the Koigu. What color # is it?
- Your Sock Bud
Wow! Could those socks be anymore different from eachother? What a contrast.
So if you are knitting socks does that mean you can still see your feet? ;)
very cool! and what a contrast. i'm sure they're good for those hormonal mood swings :o)
Both socks are looking fab. You have some very lucky spoilees!
Both socks are looking fab. You have some very lucky spoilees!
I think you should drop everything else and do those Snowbunny delivery socks. What wonderful colors!
Then go back to the other two socks which are really awesome! Tiptoe through the Tulips really grabs me! Very springlike and cheery.
What great looking socks! I hope you finish them off quickly so you can get to work on socks for your own two feet!
Are you going to post a nursery photo for us?
I agree with those who think you should make your own socks first! :) That snowbunny color combo has always been a favorite of mine.
Wonderful socks, all of them.
Hard to believe you're in the third trimester already ... although I imagine that time flew more for me than it did for you.
Wow, 3rd tri already! How is that possible? Seems like you were just breaking the big news yesterday! How time flies.
Nice socks ya got there, BTW!
Hooray for 3rd trimester. Time really is flying by!
Both of those socks are great. You're a much more patient knitter than I am. Just the thought of having to weave in all of those ends has me cringing!
Beautiful socks!! I love the left one!!!!
Wonderful socks! Love both :)
Post a Comment
<< Home