Crafty Weekend
Saturday's craft day was wonderful and relaxing. I knit the third of the 3 flower washcloths I bought yarn for a YEAR ago. :) My original thought was I'd give them as a gift to the next friend who was having a girl baby (5 out of 6 people I know are having boys!). As luck would have it she was sitting right there at the table with me Saturday. *grin* So I wove in the ends and handed them over. She seemed quite surprised and said she didn't know if she dared use them as washcloths, but was considering appliqueing them onto a baby quilt she had. Cool! :)

I also started on my Bloomin' Feet pal's socks. In honor of Spring (or the Spring that I wish would hurry up!), I'm knitting the Yarn Harlot's Tiptoe Through the Tulips socks from Knitty in sweet Easter-y colors. I've had to re-start a couple of times, though, because I'm having gauge issues. I'm using Dale of Norway Baby Ull (which I hear is sooo fab for socks)--but, ladies, this yarn is tiny! I knit it up on US3 and my gauge was still too tight--and the resulting fabric was so thin you could see through it. Ugh. So, I'm whipping out the calculator and knitting them on US1 so I can at least achieve a fabric that I'm happy with giving to someone.
Also at craft day, one of my friends was working on a quilt and having a heck of a time deciding on lights/mediums/darks for her fabrics. I immediately remembered the new Knitty article on color theory--and it really works! :) We pulled out my camera and snapped away in black and white. She was worried that the swirl pattern of her blocks wasn't showing up. But in black & white it became really obvious that it was going to work out. :)

On Sunday, we went to a Superbowl party and I made some incredibly awesome mandarin orange cupcakes from Christina's site that I read about on the Cupcake Blog. Oh, my! Go make these right away! They have mandarin juice and zest in the batter and are so delicious and delicate. I plan on making a full-size cake with this recipe one day. Yum!
And I think the inevitable has occurred. I think I'm going to have to switch to the new Blogger. Every group blog I belong to is in the new format which means I can't post to any of them until I switch. Nice coersion technique, Blogger. I'll do it right away, though, so Bloglines doesn't go too crazy on you with the extra updates. :)
Have a great week, everyone!












8 Comments:
I was blown away with the simple genius of the color theory article in Knitty. Great use of it there. :)
I just gave in and switched over, too. It didn't give me a choice in the matter. I could NOT log in under the old blogger anymore. Oh well.
Mandarin cupcakes? They sounds divine.
You sure are keeping yourself busy. When do you take time to put your aching feet up?
OMG. I just looked at that cupcake site and bookmarked it immediately. It's beautiful!
Cupcakes?!?! I love cupcakes! And a whole blog about them?! Woo Hoo!
Glad to see you were productive for your weekend. It's nice to get some things done isn't it?
- Your Sock Bud
I love the dishcloths!!! Great job.
Those really would look cool on a quilt wouldn't they?
And that quilt photo is awesome!
What a marrrvelous resource you are! Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and links.
Those washcloths are so sweet! Lucky, lucky friend!
Those washcloths--I mean quilt appliques--turned out so very pretty. I'd love to see the results when they are put on a quilt!
Wow, that quilt is amazing!!! As are your flower dishcloths, of course ;-).
Post a Comment
<< Home