<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, January 22, 2007

So Stinkin' Cute!

I told The Hubby that these were so cute they made me want to cuss. *smirk*

In my search for all things baby knits, I ran across this pattern for Cascade Fixation baby socks--and it just so happens that I had an entire ball of yarn left over from my Mardi Gras anklets! I actually wanted to make these for a neighbor's baby for Mardi Gras this year (her hubby is from Louisiana and they invited us over for gumbo last night), but the baby is almost 4 months old and these socks are definitely newborn size. So, now they've become my first knit for my new little guy! *grin* And, don't worry, I'm gonna make the neighbor kid some bigger ones. That Fixation is magic stuff--you can knit & knit & knit and somehow you never run out!
Note: I am NOT a fast knitter by any means, but I started these when The Boy got in the bath tonight and turned the first heel before his fingers were even pruny! :) Finished the first while watching "24" and the second by 11pm. Awesome! These are definitely the first of many pairs for me. :)

13 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Those really are adorable! There's just something about baby socks in general that make you turn into a big pile of mush, but handmade baby socks... they're an entirely different sort of mush, aren't they?

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Those are so cute, that *I* swore! The kids want to know what's wrong. =-)

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I want to EAT THEM!!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Too sweet! Let the good times roll!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger mle said...

Absolutely adorable! and the colors are so fun!

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So frickin' cute :) I don't acutally want to swear, because they're for a baby, but yeah, so cute.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll cuss with you! Too cute!

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laissez les bon temps roulez!

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are great. I'm on a mission now - time to bring some Fixation into the store!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

I just want to eat those up! Tiny sockies are the best!

-Lisa

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Cute cute cute! Couldn't you just make HUNDREDS of those?!?

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Your little boy will have the cutest covered feet around. :)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Tassie said...

Tooooooo CUTE!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home