<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, January 29, 2007

Whew!

Here are the two washcloths posing on the cleanest laundry room floor on Earth!

The soap, as imagined, was a pain to clean up. I tried scraping it up, but (even though The Hubby and The Boy ran off to buy me a squeege) I didn't have much luck, so I just put down a bunch of towels and newspaper to soak it up. Now I just throw a soapy towel in with each load of laundry instead of adding detergent! *grin* I've rinsed the floor 3 times and I think it's about as good as it's going to get. Yeesh.

In more knitting news, I am turning the heel on my first Sockret Pal sock and bought yarn this weekend for my Bloomin' Feet pal's socks. Fun!

Washcloth Details
Patterns: Octagonal Swirl Cloth / Garterlac Washcloth--both very simple with good directions
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream
Mods: none
Other: I liked working with the stash Sugar'n Cream, but then I stopped by my LYS the other day and happened upon a washcloth knit in Dale of Norway Stork. Be still my heart! It was so soft I could hardly think of letting one of these worsted weight things touch a baby! I've knit with Stork before (remember the Mary Janes?), but now that I have a three-year-old, I think of washcloths as scrubbers rather than caressers. The softness and drape of the other cloth was so luxurious. I really may have to buy some. . . .

8 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger African Kelli said...

I cannot imagine how sick you were of the smell of that detergent by the time the mess was cleaned up. And what a waste! Darn it.
On the bright side? Those washcloths are too cute! Love the bright cheery colors.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

You know, you just might be a genius with the tossing a soapy towel into the washer rather than wasting all that detergent.

Be careful if that floor happens to get wet any time soon. I'm afraid you'd go slipping and sliding all over the place with the soapy residue!

The washcloths are lovely, and I've never felt the Stork. And you're right, after about the age of 9 months or so the stiffer the washcloth the better with J. :)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Those washcloths are cheery! I made a set of washcloths for myself out of SWTC Bamboo. They are really "scrubby" and hold up to use, washing and drying like a champ!

Thanks for the link to the Stork. One of my goals is to become a cotton yarn connoisseur (giggle) and I certainly can't do that until I've tried them all.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no denying the allure of Stork yarn. The colors are so pretty too.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a bear to clean up, but you are a genius for finding a way to use the lost detergent!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger knittinmom said...

Oh. My. God. Detergent spills are the worst! It's ironic that cleaning up soap (which you use to clean stuff) is so darn difficult!

Another great yarn for yummy baby washcloths is Blue Sky Alpaca's Organic Cotton. So soft!

BTW - two more of my friends are now preggers. Is there something going around?!?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Teyani said...

what beautiful washcloths - I think that I must knit me some of those

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Garterlac washcloth! I think that it would probably be a nice intro to garterlac (intrelac?) and I believe I have some of the same yarn you used so I could definitely make one of my own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home