<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ready, Set, Go!

I'm glad I didn't do a lot of holiday knitting this year (just my sister's socks) because I've got a bunch of knitting on the horizon. I have (at least) three friends who will be having babies this year. Two will be boys and one doesn't know yet. These are good (i.e. worth knitting for) friends so I, of course, want to do something nice.
On top of that, I've got my own little boy arriving in May (the two friends above are due in April & May, also) that I'd like to knit for, as well as find time to make something for myself! Heh. :) As Laura mentioned in an email, I may find it difficult to knit sweaters for myself this year considering I won't be able to fit into them for awhile! Maybe I'll stick to socks.
I think my new goal needs to be to figure out how Carolyn knits so fast. I would loooove to be able to do that!
Oh, and I have a pair of Sockret Pal socks to knit soon, plus I'm signing up for the Bloomin' Feet sock swap.
I have yarn for the Sockret Pal socks, plus I have a credit at KnitPicks so I'll probably use some of that for the baby stuff. Note: I'm not going to be using the Shine Worsted again anytime soon (except for the leftovers from The Boy's sweater). It really pills and fuzzes after going through the wash a few times which makes it look old pretty quickly. And the woven-in ends keep peeking out--I find new ones after every wash! I think I'll move on to Swish Superwash this time and see if I have better luck there.
Off to get these well-rested fingers flying! :)

5 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Sorry to hear about the Shine, although I'm not surprised about the ends peeking out. Cotton is horrible for that! I read somewhere that Swish's row gauge changes after washing, so make sure to wash your swatches! I look forward to seeing some cute baby boy knits!

-Lisa

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Uh oh. I think Saunshine was the one who posted a very interesting test of washing Swish two different ways...you may want to check out the results.
http://saunshine.blogspot.com/2007/01/yarn-review-truth-about-knitpicks.html

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger roxie said...

knit now while you still can. When the new boy arrives, you know you will have your hands full for months!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take advantage of the time you get to knit, it goes by so quickly once a baby arrives! And the felted hat for the Boy looks great! Very nice job!

- Your Sock Bud

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Ooo you are going to be busy knitting. What fun, all those babies coming! I also love the felted hat. It looks gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home