<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fall Is In The Air

As much as I hate to move past my Harlot post, I must tell you that I'm finally feeling the Fall sweater urge. I checked out a copy of A Treasury of Rowan Knits yesterday and fell in love with at least two patterns--one for me and one for The Boy. Plus I got two yarn catalogs in the mail yesterday and, well, I just got the itch to embrace the changing weather and start on my family's first sweaters. I've got to get some of these socks off the needles first, though. Who am I kidding? Y'all know I'm going to cast on for something today. *grin*
I am also going to post a contest in the next few days 'cause I found a great goodie on the cheap. . . .

P.S. For all of you with kiddos out there, today's Higglytown Heroes episode was about Kip's grandmother trying to knit them the longest scarf in Higglytown. The dilemma? She ran out of yarn. The hero? The sheep shearer, of course! (They did mention the spinners who make the wool into yarn.) The shearer had an Aussie accent, btw. *grin*

6 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Heh! Figures that I'd toss J into the bath while Higgly Town was on. :) Sorry I missed that one. Jeez! I NEVER thought I'd regret missing that particular show.

Can't wait to see sweater progress and contest info!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh no! We missed it! I'm sure it'll be in rotation and the kids will catch it in the future. Sounds like a good episode. :-)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yep - I've seen that episode. My daughter (who can knit in a five year old fashion) said she was going to try to knit the longest scarf too. :)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

haha. i don't have kids nor do i watch tv often, but that's funny! :)
and yeah, fall is the time for itchy fingers...

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man....I'm bummed I missed it. Ben loves that show. :) Good luck on those fall sweaters. I had to cast on for a scarf in fall colors just the other day to help curb the "fall" urge.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Yep, it feels like fall is right around the corner. It might be 85 degrees in the afternoon, but the angle of the light says, "Fall." Save some money for the flock and fiber show in Canby, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home