<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, May 08, 2006

Mini Mock Croc Knitalong, Anyone?


Not that any of you need an excuse to knit another pair of socks, but maybe an excuse to use solid color yarn? My mom, sister, and I are going to knit the Mock Croc pattern from KnitPicks (their first pairs of socks, btw!). I figure if we're going to have our own little knitalong, I'd invite friends, too. :) No dates, just knit them 'til you're done. It's a very simple pattern (a 6 row repeat, but only row 5 is different from the others) and the texture would showcase a solid or lightly variegated yarn really well. Interested, yet? Leave me a comment and I'll put you in the sidebar (or if there's enough interest, I'll set up another blog). I'm knitting mine in some sale-bin Rowan Yorkshire tweed 4-ply. It's 100% wool, but feels "grabby" like raw silk. I was going to say it's a dusty purple color, but thought I might start sounding like a broken record. I've not consciously been choosing that color, but maybe it's been choosing me? :)

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comments about family on my blog. You are so right--the days of childhood go by so fast.

By the way, I'm sorry you had to miss the Tigard Shop Hop, and I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Hey, I'm up for your Croc knitalong. I've been looking for a pattern to do my very first pair of socks with. If your mom and your sister are brave enough to start with this one, then I will too. Count me in!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

I have a pair of mock crocs on the needles at the moment! They are kind of languishing, as I have two more pair of commissioned socks to knit, but count me in for the KAL!

-Lisa

http://www.knittinsnit.blogspot.com

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I need an excuse to start something new and a little less lengthy. Mind if I jump on board?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home