*Whew*
We returned this week from visiting family and attending the funeral of my husband's grandfather in TN. The one good thing that comes from funerals is that they bring family together. It was nice to visit with the Florida gang who we hardly ever see. I even heard my FIL brag about his manly oven mitt to someone. *grin* And I got to see Hubby's grandmother in her Candleflame shawl (sadly, no pictures).
Since I had to miss the shop hop here in Portland (read Chrissy and Katrina's glorious accounts), my mom took me to one of her LYS's and bought me yarn. Wheee! Just that morning I had bought a pretty wrap/sarong thing at World Market and when we walked into the yarn store my mom immediately said, "Go grab that wrap out of the car--you need to make a top to go with it!" So I did. And after two "Oh, this is perfect!" discoveries, we found the one that was truly perfect. Tahki's New Tweed in color 031--a teal with grey flecks (it's a bit more green than in the picture)--70% Merino, 15% silk, 11% cotton, 4% viscose.

It is just the right blend of color, texture and interest to make a gorgeous top. And with six balls (103yds/ea), I think I'm going to make the Baccarat Player top. I know this yarn won't drape as limply as the ribbon used in the original, but it is very soft and I'm gonna give it a shot.
But first to finish my Sockapaloooza socks! I am just minutes (I won't say how many . . .) away from turning the heel on the second. I WILL finish them by tomorrow. Break out the coffee & chocolate. *grin*

It's good to be back. I've missed y'all. And even though I haven't done much commenting, I think I'm almost caught up on everyone's blogs. Many thanks to you who were on hiatus last week. Ha,ha,ha. :)
p.s. Since I didn't find anyone to take my spot on the hop, I still get to have my goodie bag! Hooray! The silly Hubby tried to talk me out of it (I still don't understand that one), but someone from the hop will be contacting me soon to deliver. I will duly document its contents. :)
p.p.s. While looking for the link to the oven mitt, I realized that I've been quite a slacker in April. I only have one FO this month! I thought the Sockpal socks would be a shoo-in. Duh. And with the traveling going on I even forgot it was the end of April (or I might've pushed a little harder to get my "A" for the Sock-a-Month KAL). Yeesh! Where has the time gone?












6 Comments:
The socks look good. You'll be done in no time :)
get those socks done!! yours are in the mail today :)
~sockpal
Hello! I found a link to your site on Knittin Mom's site. I am a fellow Portland Knitter Mom!
Hi there, Jenni! Always glad to hear from other knitters (and moms) in Portland. :)
Ahh, yes, you mean the manly oven mitt that I promised to take a picture of about 5 months ago, right? *hangs head sheepishly* Ummm... just as soon as I get back in town I'll do that.
I love that yarn! And what a perfect match! You've got such a great eye and creative mind. That top is going to be beautiful.
beautiful socks!!! the pattern and the colors work well together, those are gonna be great!! that's cool you went to MS state, I'm in the state next door.. I'm a LSU/Tulane girl tho... so we can't be friends ;-) just kidding! :-D can't wait to see the finished socks!
Post a Comment
<< Home