<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Oh, wow!

Do you ever see something and think, "Wow, I have got to find somebody to knit this for!"? (of course, you do) That's what I think about this:


I am seriously, seriously in love with this sweater. I am also, quite heavy up top and wearing this sweater would probably make me fall chest first into the nearest snowbank. But I SO need to create this! Ack! My sister, however, is a fabulous size 4 or something, so maybe, just maybe. . . .

7 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger chris said...

Ooh, I'm loving that one, too! And how I wish I had the problem of being top heavy enough to fall into the nearest snowbank. ;-) My top is so scarce that I'd probably float up to the nearest ski lift instead. Can't wait to see you knit this! Take care, Amanda! :-)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I love that sweater too. I have seen numerous negative comments in Blogland about the Winter VK, but I thought it was better than average. Cablicious is the word that came to my mind! LOL! Ok, maybe I could do without all the bobbles.

I thought about making that sweater without the zipper. Do not even say the word knitalong.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

So maybe you need to knit this, Chris! I mean, I know you probably can never wear something like this in Hawaii, but you could visit the frozen food section of your grocery in style!

And I remember the sweater you're talking about, Laura. The cardi with the bobbles--it reminded me of the Hermione hat/mittens. Maybe Alison will make it to go with her set. :)

I, too, think this VK was better than average.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Oh, it's just super-scrumptious! Absolutely love it!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wow. I love it, too. I usually don't find much I really like in VK, but this is GORGEOUS. I've been looking for a challenging sweater to do in 2006.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

So very lovely, but, alas, not for the faboobulous among us!

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is your sockapaloooza pal! hehe. sounds like ms alison made great matches, cuz you have 1.5 pairs of socks, and i have made 4 socks, but NOT two pairs. hopefully i may get an anonymous e-mail addy soon, but you can respond here and i'll check back.

i admire this sweater as well ;) but with no zipper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home