<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Knitting Olympics?

So, I am considering Stephanie's Knitting Olympics . . .am I crazy

My choices:
  • Kepler--Laura, is it even doable in 16 days? (is it laughable that I haven't even started, yet?)
  • Debbie Bliss Cable & Rib Tunic from Quick Baby Knits--for the boy. Cables, but I think it's possible.
  • Picovoli--too easy?
  • Sweater for the hubby from Family Circle Easy Knits--sorry no pic--some cables on the bottom, ribbing on the top.

Basically, they're things I already have ready to go (and some, like, Kepler, are way overdue and need encouragement!)--and this is a perfect reason to get going.

Hmmmmm.....
I want to do Sockapaloooza, too. Yeesh. It's still January and I've already started trying to spread (knit?) myself too thin! :)

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm thinking about the Knitting Olympics too. Here's what I am thinking about (already ordered yarn and pattern). Kepler is probably doable, with high motivation and focus. :) I think it is possibly very crazy for anyone to do this at all, and I will probably chicken out.

I also want to do Sockapaloooza, but I'm intimidated by all the awesome sock knitters that usually do this.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

That Fair Isle would be the death of me! It is beautiful, however, and quite a feat in 16 days. :) I really thought yesterday that I wouldn't do the Olympics, that it would just be stupid to try, but who am I to turn down a challenge? :) Kepler it is. Ugh. Otherwise it may never get done. (It was supposed to be a fall/winter knitalong and I think February is about the final deadline before "winter" is officially over in my book.)
Oh, you've GOT to do Sockapaloooza! You're all about socks right now and I know you'd have a blast. I'm not going to make anything drop-dead spectacular (like Pomatomus), but I could find something nice without them being crazy-hard. :)

I know, there's KAL fever in the air. I'm trying to avoid a lot of it (haven't been on the Coffeeshop in forever!), but I do need some motivation for that dang sweater and one pair of socks in 3 months seems doable. *You can save this comment and send it back to me when I am in the throes of knitting exhaustion and prone to complaining.*

Jump on the crazy bandwagon with the rest of us! *crosses eyes & sticks out tongue*

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Olga said...

You're all krazy, the whole lot of you! Actually, it kind of sounds like fun, but I'm a big committment-phobe wussy. Maybe I'll do it secretly, without putting my name up there. Hmm....anyway, I vote for Kepler, too! It seems challenging, yet totally doable. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home