<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, October 02, 2005

We're Back!

Whew! We're back from our week in the beautiful Northeast. In a nutshell, we visited Vermont for a few days, drove to Maine to see some friends, circled back through southern New Hampshire and drove up the center of VT back to where we started.

Thanks for the suggestion to go to Shelburne Farms, Teri! We loved it. My little one got to milk a cow, make cider, and catch a chicken. He had a blast.

Our stay at the Craftsbury Inn was just so-so. The place is nice (rooms are very pretty and comfortable), but the interaction with the owners was sort of hit & miss. I know that B&B owners walk this fine line between being available and trying to stay out of your way--and it's hard to find the balance. I actually wish Kathy had been around a little more so I could talk to her about her wool and spinning. (Yes, I know I could have called her, but I just sort of hoped to run into her . . .) Anyway, this isn't a rant about the place, I'm sure it's just me. It really was neat, I just didn't get the right vibe or something. NOTE: Worth a visit to the wool shop, even if you don't stay at the Inn. She has 6+ spinning wheels in her living room! And while I didn't find anything in the wool shop that I had to have (near blasphemy, I know--don't worry I make up for it later), she did have a lot of fabulous roving that, if I were a spinner, I would have grabbed up in a minute.

The place I made ammends for my lack of yarn buying? The Green Mountain Spinnery! I bought three skeins of a light blue wool (kid sweater), a skein each of orange and green (pumpkin hat & mittens), some rich tan organic wool, and a red/maroon skein for a hat. Plus I bought their book and Margaret even signed it for me. We weren't there on a day that they normally give tours, but a new retailer of their yarns was visiting, so Margaret was giving her a tour and asked if we would like to tag along--would we ever! I have some great pictures, but they're on the camera with the hubby who stayed a day longer than the boy & I. He'll be back tonight, so I hope to post pics late this evening or tomorrow morning.

I made minimal progress on Devan--just a few inches. *sigh* Even though it's just stockinette, using slippery US2 Addis in the car gets a little tricky. I have quickly come to the conlcusion that I'm doing this sweater because I really love how the selfstriping yarn looks, but that I'm also never going to make a sock-yarn sweater again. Urgh. I was glad to get home to my basket of WIPs! I did a little on my DNA scarf last night and am only about 3 inches from starting the other half of the scarf.

Okay, I'm going now and will post pictures as soon as I can! It's good to be back and catch up on all of your blogs! :)

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yay, you're back! Sounds like you had a great time. Green Mountain Spinnery...sigh. Boy, I could do some damage there! Can't wait to see pics. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home