Do Over!
Okay, I've succumbed to the Magic Loop. I finally got a 40" US2 Addi and am reworking that second glove. I needed a long #2 anyway, since for my next pair of socks I want to do both at the same time. I figured with a 40", I can either do Magic Loop or two circs since I have a 24" US2 already (wish I knew about ML before I bought that!). Planning on taking the socks (Falling Leaves, I assume--oh, how appropriate for VT in Fall!) on our Vermont trip at the end of the month. I'm also going to try to go see the Green Mountain Spinnery while we're there! Cool. BTW, if anyone knows of anything else really awesome I need to see in New England while we're there, please let me know! We're going the last week of Sept.-Oct.1.












4 Comments:
Where exactly are you going? I went to college in Western Mass. New England in late September is gorgeous. I am totally envious.
We're starting in Burlington on the morning of the 24th and don't have plans to be anywhere in particular until the 29th when we have to be in Cambridge (VT) for the rest of the weekend. But we have friends who will be visiting Maine that first week, so we're thinking about driving to Bar Harbor to see them.
You absolutely must visit Shelburne Farms (http://www.shelburnefarms.org). It's an amazing place. If it's still open and you have a bit of disposable income, have dinner at the Inn at Shelburne Farms. The food is excellent, but is expensive. If you don't want to spring for dinner, wander around the grounds a bit. Shelburne Farms is very close to Burlington.
Shelburne Farms looks wonderful, Teri! My 2-year-old has just been fascinated by a video of milking cows & turning it to cheese. I bet he'll love this place. *I also rented him a video of how sheep are sheared and their wool turned into yarn--had to get my own bias in there! *grin*
Post a Comment
<< Home