<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Damn You, Knitty!

I haven't even gotten the "new Knitty" announcement in my email, yet, but I saw that the button on my blog changed for the new Fall issue! Damn--and I was hoping not to add any new projects to my list . . . so much for that. I'm off to take a look! :)

EDIT: I think I have found my next pair of socks in Falling Leaves. I have been saving two balls of deep maroon & black heathered yarn that my secret pal gave me for just the right pattern. I'm a bit nervous about the yo short rows, though. I haven't had good luck with them in the past (holes!) and prefer wrapped rows, but am willing to give it another shot. And, OH THE CABLES in this issue!!!! Loving them. Anybody (Laura) notice the Samus cardigan . . . Kepler-ish, no?

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Ha! We must be knitting soul sisters. I thought about Samus, where have I seen this before? And I am ALL OVER those Falling Leaves socks. Do I sense a KAL in the making? If so, I BEG you -- after we finish Weasley!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Teri S. said...

I've conquered yo short rows! I have teeny, tiny holes now, barely noticeable. I can't say that I've mastered the technique because I seem to be correcting stitch mounts left and right, but I do not have holes. The trick is to make sure that when you are doing the decreases to have a yo pair, a single stitch, and a yo pair. If you don't have that, then you've got holes. But you probably already knew that...

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Amanda, you've been tagged! The questions are on my blog. You knew I'd think of some way to get you for all the damn KALs. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home