Katrina . . .
I was going to keep this blog for knitting only (I have a LiveJournal for personal stuff), but I just have to say my heart aches for those affected by hurricane Katrina. We know some people in that area (being from the South, ourselves). One person posted a picture of their home and all that is left are the brick steps leading to where their house used to be. There is literally nothing left. It is just so devastating. The other folks we know did not evacuate and we've only heard from them once and that was before it was all over (they'd already lost their chimney and had major damage to their garage door)--but we haven't heard anything in about 3 days . . . truly worrisome. I'm hoping they were too high to get serious flooding. B came home tonight and said that his work will match donations made to relief efforts, so we'll be doing that tonight, too, I expect. (He can't stop watching the disaster coverage and it's just going to make us both sick.)












2 Comments:
I hope your friends are okay. The situation Louisiana and Missippi is terrible and worries me greatly. I'll keep your friends (and all the others down there) in my thoughts.
Thank you, Teri.
Post a Comment
<< Home