Argh, those ladders!
I have never really gotten ladders in my knititng before--even on socks, but these gloves have them and I could just die! I'm hoping they'll go away with washing. I really don't want to rip them back, of course, but they're a gift, so I'll do what I need to for them to look good. Do you think the difference is that I'm using metal dpns instead of my usual wood? (they're all I had in the right size) I'm considering buying another #2 Addi so I can do the "two circs" thing instead. Maybe it would help? Yeesh. What do y'all think? (It's about an inch to the left of the thumb.) Do I finish one and wash to see--or do I frog the whole thing and try a different method?












3 Comments:
What a pretty combo! And I'm impressed by how good the thumbs look - I've gradually been getting better with them. Is the laddering occuring where you carried the yarn up? I would try washing - wool is very forgiving.
It's happening at the intersection of my needles (even though I'm pulling that stitch awfully tight to get it to close up). Since I'm almost done with the gloves, I think I'm going to go with the washing advice and see. Can't hurt!
I would not rip these gloves, but try the washing. It should full out a bit. But in future, if you use either two circs or one long circ, the laddering at the needle intersections won't happen. It's like magic!
Post a Comment
<< Home