<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reminiscing

I was just looking back through the blog to see if I'd posted pictures of the Swirl Shawl I'd started (trying to determine a start date for Ravelry), but couldn't find anything. What I did wind up doing, however, was looking back at about a year's worth of blog posts and really enjoying what I saw. Reaffirms my enjoyment of knitting, writing, and my dear friends. :)

I am ordering a few Palette color cards from KnitPicks today--considering some upcoming colorwork . . . Also, a few months ago at our knitting guild meeting, Kelley Petkun from KnitPicks came to speak (their headquarters is local--Vancouver, WA). I am, admittedly, not a fan of every yarn they make, but she brought some samples of the new City Tweed and I was amazed at how soft it was. So I'm getting color cards of those, as well. It would make a snuggly sweater at some point.

It was decided last night that I am going up a size on the hubby's sweater. I don't want the ribbing to feel too snug and my mom pointed out that even if the measured size runs a little big, it's ribbing--so it won't look or feel too big. The ironic thing is that all the sleeve sizes start with the same number cast on and it's the cuff that already has me worried about it being too snug. Anyway, I don't have to rip the whole thing, only about 3 inches. I made the Hubby close his eyes and try it on last night. He jokingly asked if I was making gloves or something. I can't tell if he really thought that or if he was just being clueless. He never remarked if the cuff felt too snug or not--I was just doing some "stretchiness" observation. Guess it will be okay.
The only other knitting going on right now is the strap for the Stella Pixie Hat. Super cute design, but 12+ inches of 1x1 rib over 10 stitches is making me wish I'd learn to knit backwards! With both the sweater and this hat in the works, lately, ribbing has become my life! :)

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep --- I look at projects and go "Oh, it's just ribbing. Easy." About two inches in, I want to kill myself.

I love tweeds, and the City Tweed is just beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home