<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Last Summit Post

For those of you who were not able to attend Sock Summit, you're probably tired of reading about it by now, so I will try to make this short. It was really wonderful. I learned a lot, met a ton of people, acted as my mom's "celebrity spotter" and generally had a great time hanging out with my mom sans-kids for 4 days.

Humongous thanks goes out to the hubby who took time off work to keep the kiddos--and said what a fun time he had with them. Sweetie.

I do have some pictures to share with you at the bottom of the post, but the best thing that came from SS09 was that I am newly inspired to knit. *whew* That was a long time coming, but I am so glad to have my mojo back.

Right now I am finishing my pair of Monkey socks that have been languishing for practically a year! *I started them last August during the Portland to Coast Walk. Yeesh! Some of us are doing the walk again this year and I will have them done before then. :) Actually, The Hubby is gone this week, so I've been staying up late watching horrible tv and knitting. They'll be done soon. I'm on heel flap #2.

Speaking of knitting those socks, I found a neat tool online today. It's an online row counter! Now, I understand this has limited uses. I mean, how often are folks actually knitting within arm's distance of their computer (or am I completely delusional)? Anyway, I misplaced my printout of the Monkey pattern, so to do the heel turn, I hopped onto Knitty.com for the pattern and used the online row counter instead of having to hunt for the one in my bag. Nice.

Okay, on to the pictures!

The illustrious Barbara Walker.

Meg Swansen and Amy Detjen. Brilliant. Meg is my new crush.

I got to try on the sock from the cover of Arch-Shaped Stockings. Gorgeous and comfy!

The colorful Lucy Neatby. So lovely and insanely smart.

These swatches enchanted me during Chrissy Gardiner's Textured Colorwork class. They're the SAME chart but the one on the left has purls at the color changes while the one on the right is in stockinette. Easy but looks difficult--like cables. So cool!

And finally, the giant swift (yes, it was turning!) at the Marketplace. Loved it!

Oh, AND I finally got my autographed copy of Chrissy's Toe Up! book. Handed out a few "I'm a professional proofreader/copyeditor" business cards, too. Wish me luck. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Neuroknitter said...

Thank you, thank you for your kind words about the photography I did for "The Book"! :) I had a blast and Chrissy is awesome!

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you, too! Perhaps at OFFF? It looks like you had a grand time in classes and meeting the knitterati!

Bummer about those Anastasias hitting the frog pond! :) It must've been Ribbit Tuesday!

Happy Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home