It's All Over But The Hedgehogs
The knitting of the baby surprise jacket is done! Now to just seam the sleeves and add the adorable hedgehog buttons (yes, of course, there will be pictures!). I can hardly believe I'm done with this and the recipient isn't even due to make her arrival until December! I think this is the first baby gift ever finished so far in advance. *taking a proud little moment*
Preview sans buttons (plus little boy hand):

Speaking of the little one's hand, E has his first day of preschool today! Older brother, A, started first grade last week and is enjoying it so far. E will just go two days a week for ~2 hours. Just enough time for Mom to grab a coffee and knit a few peaceful rounds on the project of the moment. Ahhhh....
Oh, I also hope to attempt sweaters for all my boys this fall. I not-so-sneakily measured the 3 of them (I have yarn & patterns set aside already!) this weekend
just to make sure no one had outgrown the pattern sizes, yet. I think we're good. Still have one preggo friend to knit for by winter. Got yarn for that one, too. I think all I'm lacking is sufficient time. If anyone has some to spare, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.












1 Comments:
I love it! I've wanted to try the BSJ, you know, just to say that I have. But all my warm climate friends would think I was nuts gifting them a wooly little sweater.
And I think you've set your goals crazy high with sweaters for the boys, but I'm sure you'll pull it off-- you're amazing like that. :)
Funny, I started making my knitted gift list last week, and have even cast on 2 of them!
Post a Comment
<< Home