Oh, Crap. . . I'm Hooked.
I went to my first spinning class tonight and I'm totally hooked. In a way that I never thought possible. The teacher is great and really helped me tweak what I was doing. Some of it might have been the way the fiber was prepared. I used roving at home, but we had top tonight and it seemed to draft more smoothly.
This was about the fourth time I seriously sat down to spin and the yarn was SO much better than before. Let's compare, shall we?
First bobbin(s):

Tonight's bobbin:

You know, I never really wanted to learn to spin. We all realize I need a new hobby like a hole in the head. But when life (and your FIL) lays a spinning wheel in your lap, you're marvelously grateful and give it your best shot. Wow, y'all. It's such a good thing.
Homework: practice 20 minutes a day and knit something from our handspun. Can do!
p.s. My sister gave me the most gorgeous bag of Colonial Top for Christmas. Gonna practice a little more before I tackle it, but I'm excited! Also, my teacher said I could spin my llama (gift from Hubby about 5 yrs. ago) with minimal prep, which is awesome news, too!












6 Comments:
So, when can I buy you a plane ticket to fly down here and share your knowledge, oh master of the wheel? :)
Seriously, it looks great, and sounds like a lot of fun.
Can't wait to see what it becomes.
Spinning is so addictive! Your efforts look fantastic.
This is exactly why I'm staying away from spinning. . .
Spinning is great! I knew you'd enjoy it. Keep up the good work!
Spinning will suck you in and never let you go. In a good way...
Your yarn looks great. Just wait until you knit your first handspun item. Priceless!
I'm with KSD, this is why I am staying away from spinning! Your yarn looks wonderful!
Post a Comment
<< Home