Love's Labour's Lost . .
Friends, he lost it. Again. His hat. The second one. The Hubby lost his SECOND HAT!!!!! Argh. I joked that the third would be deer-hunter orange so we'd be able to find it.
Seriously, though. I'm giving him a hard time. He feels awful about it. And who am I to complain about having to knit him another one? :) This time he says he's like something a little warmer, but still made out of the thin yarn since he doesn't like hats that are very bulky. So, I'm thinking double knit hat with sock yarn . . . Maybe that Lorna's Mineshaft I've loved forever! :)
A moment of silence while we mourn the loss of numbers one and two. . .













5 Comments:
Argh! Bummer on the loss of a perfectly knit hat. Men! :) Wil has yet to lose one, but then again, he only wears it twice a year, if that.
I think I remember the knitting of #1. It was started and completed in a single day of travel and leaning in a kitchen door frame with good company and conversation, wasn't it? Or was that #2?
Hope the new hat is a fun knit, at least.
Oh dear! maybe you could knit one of those chips into that the GPS will pick up. LOL! I guess some people are more prone to misplacing things. I bet in ten years you'll find a pile of lost hats somewhere really odd, like behind the refridgerator. hahah!
Colin loses his hats all the time. Unfortunately, he loses the ones I think look best, but never those early hats I made when I was first knitting. I always know it's time to knit him a new one when I see him wearing that first, huge, ugly ribbed hat I made. He's so sweet though - he will always were it before a "store bought' one. Gotta love 'em!
Ok, so my hubby has lost three pairs of (storebought) gloves so far this winter and then he asked me to make him a pair of handknit gloves. I'm a bit nervous! Have fun knitting #3.
(with bowed head)Heaven help the husbands of the world, as they seem unable to keep up with anything, and always turn to their wives in times of desperation.
Heaven help the wives, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home