<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

C'est yarn!


The first yarn spun on my wheel! It's from some roving that I know next to nothing about--except that I got it a few years ago at Oregon Flock & Fiber when I bought my drop spindle. It's such a pretty green. I guess I will finish spinning what I have and think about plying the two bobbins together--although it seems to me that it would make a quite bulky yarn that way. Maybe I will want to leave them as singles. Hmmm......

And here's a peek at what's on the needles right now. I can't say much, since it's a gift, but it's gonna be darn cute!

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Hooray for yarn! That is a beautiful green. My first yarn was terrible, and I don't have a clue what I'll ever do with it, except keep it here to look at and say "yep, I made that! Look! It's my first handspun!"

Can't wait to see what the secret project is, either!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I like the look of your first singles! Congratulations on your new wheel.

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'est magnifique!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger ~Celeste~ said...

Amanda that's great! I made a shawl out of my first. In fact I wear it for the Antique Spinning Wheel Showcase that the Guild has every year in March. You have to keep it! Once you've found your 'groove', and it won't take you long with the looks of that, you will want to spin 'novelty' yarn like that again, and you'll have to learn how! C~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home