<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Almost Forgot!


My new drop spindle and the beautiful roving. Isn't it divine? I'm not any good yet, of course, but I hear it takes practice. *grin* And the closeup.
And the booties. They're a Zoe Mellor pattern from her 50 Baby Booties book. Instead of trying to find a matching button, I finished them with a bobble for a closure.

9 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let my new pal know that I am here! Waving hello! Can't wait to get to know you girly! :)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Oh neat! I've been wanting to give spinning a try. Don't know if it's such a good idea with two pesky cats and a curious kid, but it looks like fun.

Cute booties, and I love the bobble idea! You're so smart like that.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Helen said...

if you want thinner yarn, draft it a bit more...so you have less roving in your hand. or if you want it that thick, fine. it takes tons of practice to get it even though, no matter the thickness

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Uh-oh... the spinning bug has bit you! Look out! It's addictive!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The booties are great -- I like the bobbles.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the dark side...mwa ha ha ha ha....

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you realize, this is only the beginning....

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger roxie said...

Love the booties. Gotta get that pattern. Love your blog!

The Shetland sheep are my favorites. Very mellow, sociable critters, and SUCH nice fleece to spin!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Oh, spinning is such fun! Doesn't it make you drunk with power?! Like, Ooh, look at me, I'm making yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home