Thinking Pink
I am wonderfully awash in pink, lately. I ran the Race for the Cure this weekend (my first 5K race!) and then stayed afterwards to do the 5K walk with a group of friends from my former office. There was, of course, pink everywhere!
I've also decided to put off the slow-going Baby Matinee Coat until the holidays and work up something cute and quick to send to the SIL. I don't know why that jacket was taking so long, but the baby is 5 weeks old, already, and I'm feeling serious guilt for not sending anything, yet. I found a simple one-piece garter stitch cardi pattern and am using up some stash pink Sugar N Cream cotton. I've got some matching pink/white variegated for a hat, too. There's a feeling of relief already--just knowing that I'm only about a day away from being done. Quick and cute now. Fancy coat later. *whew*
This is, obviously, the right front & back. What's not quite as obvious is that the strip sticking out there will become the left back. :)*Edited to add picture.
And an obligatory "Arrrrrrrggggggghhh!" for Talk Like a Pirate Day! :) Gotta love it.












4 Comments:
Congrats on your first 5k! I'm seriously impressed! J and I did two miles this morning- walking- and my legs feel like jelly. Maybe in a year or two I'll be up to 5K status. :) But first, to get a better stroller! Ever walk long-distance pushing one of those cheap umbrella strollers with the short handles? Ugh.
That's a cute little pattern! I'm sure that she'll love it. I might give that a try as a birthday gift for a friend's baby.
Now that you mention that it's "Talk Like a Pirate Day, I'm wondering if the Backyardagains played their pirate episode today. I'll have to go check the DVR later. I'm such a dork.
Yay for completing your first 5K! I know I could walk it, but run it... no.
Sweet little sweater! Congrats on the 5k!
-Lisa
Pink is a great color!!! Hey if you want to do even more pink stuff this quarter if you host a class with Mary Kay you get a pink scarf and a donation is made for breast cancer research. Okay so that was a shameless attempt but it's worth mentioning right? :) he he he
I love the baby cardigan thingy. Great job.
Post a Comment
<< Home