<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ugh!

Here's the secret KSH project: The Cami & Cowl from Weekend Knitting. It's supposed to look like this. (that's not my yarn)


Instead, it looks like this.


Because I'm an idiot and measured the armholes wrong. V-neck? What V-neck? Oh, well, yes, it would have been a V-neck had I knit the shoulder straps long enough. *sigh* The worst part is that I felt like I couldn't really tell what it was going to look like until after it was blocked (and already seamed, of course). I even knit a SWATCH for this project and still screwed it up. Ugh!
My sister is going to be kind enough to try it on for me while she's here, but I know all I really need to do is add about 3 inches to the shoulders. After I rip out the crochet edging and the bind-off. In mohair? No problem. *cries* Guess I'll be testing the "pop it in the freezer" mohair technique this week. Somebody shoot me.

*I did finish the back of the Baccarat tank today and it matches the schematic. Man, if this one turns out right I'll be seriously grateful.

4 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Oooh! I'm so sorry that happened! I have read that the freezer can work wonders with hairy stuff! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Take care!

-Lisa

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the knitting mishap. I've become a pro at frogging lately. Do let us know if the freezer really does help with the mohair. Good luck!

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ohh! That sucks! But if it's any consolation, I think it's a beautiful pattern. I can't imagine the frustration, though. I think if I came up with something this challenging I'd just sit down and cry, and send it to the scrap-heap. You're a much more optimistic knitter than I am.

Glad to hear that the other project is going well, at least. Can't wait to see pictures of it.

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(
Hopefully freezing the mohair will help. Let us know if it does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home