SO far behind!
Oh, wow, I am so far behind on Kepler--not even one entire band done . . . but I press on. It's easy for me to get distracted when I have to refer to the chart every other row since it's not memorized, yet--which means it's not a really good project to travel with, either. But, you know what??? I'm enjoying it. I may be slow, but I'm slow & stress-free. *grin*
I am also working on a pair of toddler socks for the Boy. They will be my February contribution to the Sock-A-Month KAL. *I had to go with something small this month if I was going to get anything done! Today I pulled it out of my purse at the post office to find that over half the stitches had pulled off the needles. . . ugh. But I managed to get them back on witout much problem. They're being made from the Regia I set aside for Devan. And in the true spirit of enjoying the process (my mantra for the year) I realized that I really do not want to make a sweater out of sock yarn. No matter how cute it is. Little blue jacquard socks on 2-year-old boy feet, however, will be darling. :)
Why was I at the post office? I'm glad you asked. I was mailing my mom's Azkaban scarf! I finally finished it last night and put the fringe on this morning. I have a picture, but my computer is kaput at the moment, so I will try to post it later tonight.
Must swatch for Sockapaloooza . . . .












2 Comments:
I love your mantra and have adopted it myself- enjoying the prcoess is what it's all about! And whew, just *thinking* about a sweater made out of fingering weight yarn is enough to make me sweat. ;-) Can't wait to see your mom's Azkaban scarf! I'm sure she'll love it. Take care, Amanda! :-)
I made the Young'un a pair of Regia socks last year, and you're absolutely right ... socks made out of that yarn are to die for when made for 2 year olds.
Post a Comment
<< Home