<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Homework!

Oh, my gosh. Sock Summit is sneaking up on me.

There has been no (NO) knitting around here as of late. It's not that I can't find the time--I just can't seem to relax enough to do anything. Isn't summer supposed to have less going on than the rest of the year? I think in Oregon, we're so grateful for the sunshine that we do waaaaaay more than usual. *grin*

So, I just realized while talking to my mom last night that I may actually have some homework for my Sock Summit classes. Yikes! I have just peeked at the first class on my list and I really need to get working. I was hoping to have knit a new pair of socks to wear for each day of the summit, but that was a serious delusion. With this newly realized homework, I will be lucky to finish the pair of Monkey socks I have on the needles.

Another project I am working on is I have decided to officially hang out my shingle as a proofreader/copy editor/tech editor! I plan on bringing business cards to Sock Summit in case I run into a few thousand aspiring designers. I don't want to just do knitting, either. There are SO many websites, advertisements, signs, flyers, etc. out there that are rife with errors that it pains me. I really hope I will be able to help some of those businesses, too. If only to save my own eyesight.

In that vein, have you ordered your Toe Up! sock book, yet? It's Chrissy Gardiner's new baby and rumor has it that her shipment has arrived in Portland! I am so excited to have my very own copy (and, vainly, I'm a bit enthused at seeing my name in print as an editor!). I've peeked at an advance copy at Twisted, but really look forward to sitting down and perusing every page. She's got some really cool patterns in there. I'm not used to doing things toe-up, but I guess I will be soon.

p.s. Our big activity these last two months has been berry picking with the boys. I think I have 20+ jars of jam in the pantry! LOL!

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I'm so excited that Chrissy has one of my yarns in the book! It's so cool to see my business name in print. I can't wait to see the final copy of the book!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger The Howell Crew said...

So jealous of the Sock Summit but I will be there soon to shop in all of your shops...I am so excited to visit!
I will be getting a copy of the book soon...I mean I have to have a book with my knitting guru's name in it right :-)!!!
That is awesome that you are going to be doing editing. I really am excited about our visit and catching up with you!
Tassie
PS you will be very proud of me I learned how to make a very nice bobble this week at my knitting meetup 

 

Post a Comment

<< Home