<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14610853?origin\x3dhttp://bulldogknits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another FO!

I'm on a roll, lately, and having a few quick knits up my sleeve definitely doesn't hurt. :)

This is Cris. Condylura cristata, the star-nosed mole, to be exact. He's a super-quick and easy (did I mention, free?) felted pattern from F.Pea.

Oh, and let the Wikipedia entry suffice. You don't want to go looking up pictures of this guy on your own or you might decide that the stuffed one isn't as cute and cuddly as you thought. Especially once you've seen it blowing bubbles out its tentacled nose. Yikes! :)

Anyway, this will be a birthday or Christmas gift (once I make up my mind) for a sweet little zoologist dear to my heart. Once he's stuffed and finds his eyes, that is.

6 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger mle said...

wow, what a strange little creature! looks like a fun little knit too!

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most definitely cuter in its knit incarnation. . . Scary little buggers, those.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Knitted Bookworm said...

Did you read that a huge star nosed mole appeared in the newly released kids' movie, "The City of Ember"? Now, I REALLY want to see it!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Cute!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger f. pea said...

It came out great! I love the light bulb for size comparison.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Like Family said...

The little zoologist LOVES it and sleeps with it nightly! Thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home